Friday, March 31, 2023

Calm down, it's Friday


 TGIF

The audio book I think I'm going to stick with is the next in a sci fi series for me, PRIVATEER by J A Sutherland. 5th of 7 in Alexis Carew series.

 Even with no war on, there are always battles to fight. A cease-fire in the war with Hanover leaves Lieutenant Alexis Carew on half-pay, in-atmosphere, and with her ship laid up in ordinary until called upon once more for the “needs of the Service.” She was, at least, lucky enough to be in her home star system when here last ship, HMS Nightingale, paid off, unlike much of her former crew. She’s left to help manage her family lands, though still with no certainty she’ll be allowed to inherit them. It would be a tranquil, peaceful life, if not for the influx of asteroid miners seeking their fortunes, the uncertainties of her inheritance, and the nagging certainty that her current life is not what she really wants. She’d give anything to command a ship again.

Published 2017; 470 pages. I also have this as a Kindle Unlimited book. 

I still have moments of thinking we have the boys in the house. 


 But that being said ... Coda crossed the rainbow bridge in December. We knew Ryker, being almost 15, wasn't going to be much longer. We've been prepared. So we grieve but we are dog people who have so much love to give. We know we want a big, male, non-puppy either from a shelter or rescue. Maybe two. Soooo .... I found a couple rescue Akitas in Montana. One is in Park City and one is in Thompson Falls. Both are males about two to three years old about 80 pounds which is a little less than what the boys were. We're starting to put out feelers for the possibility of Keo and/or Marlin.


 This weekend, I have the coffee shop but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to go. I still need to get my webcam/YouTube situation going. I'm going to otherwise read, nap, etc.


 Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: