Thursday, March 9, 2023

I wanna weekend and be a hermit!


 Thursday. Service manager still out. Receptionist out in the morning.



 I got my new glasses this afternoon. I do like them a lot. Steve called me Harry Potter.

 


I slugged him in the arm. My glasses are different than that. Slightly octogon-ish and reddish/pinkish. They look good on me, I believe.

 


 The book I had started for the scavenger hunt was a bust. Again. I had red flags when there was a minor character that had "preferred pronouns". 


I dropped it like a rock when the main character was anti-cop and spouting BLM crap. I won't waste my time on garbage like that. 


Currently starting  CAPPUCCINO by M. L. Hamilton. 1st of 7 in series.

 


Zion Sawyer had a good job, working customer service for an insurance company in San Francisco. She had friends, a loving family, and a bright future. Until she received a call from a lawyer in Sequoia, California, informing her she is the sole heir to her biological mother’s estate.Zion never met Vivian Bradley, but her death sends Zion on a path of discovery that changes her future forever. And she discovers that you can never escape your past, even a past you didn’t want to know.

Published in 2016; 330 pages. Kindle Unlimited. 

Tonight, I'll feed Ryker, make Steve some dinner, I've got reading sprints at 5 but I'll tune in for actual reading closer to 6, and I'll read the rest of the evening while having a cuppa tea. 

Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: