Thursday, August 24, 2023

Because I like it ... and attitude

 Thursday


 I didn't have a good reading day yesterday. I'm not even going to count it for the reading challenge. I couldn't get settled. Yesterday afternoon was a wash dealing with a company who we did service for in May 2022, got turned to collection in July of 2022, and blew up our email and phones yesterday wanting to pay it.

 Today's morning coffee show went well. I was back to looking at Spy vs. Spy September ideas. Here's a list of the books we've checked out.

Books mentioned in previous vlogs:

  •  The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
  • The Secret History of Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig (and series)
  • Alias Emma by Ava Glass
  • The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
  • Spy X Family Tatsuya Endo (manga)
  • SilverFin by Charlie Higson (Middle grade series)
  • The Spymaster's Lady by Joanna Bourne (series)
  • His Spanish Bride by Tracy Grant (series)
  • Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
  • I Always Wanted to Be A Spy by Judith A Barrett
  • At Risk by Stella Rimington
  • The Little Drummer Girl by John Le Carre
  • Red Sparrow by Jason Matthews
  • Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
  • Mr. Churchill’s Secretary  by Susan Elia Macneal
  • Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen
  • The Unexpected Mrs. Polifax by Dorothy Gilman
  • A Sense of Danger by Jennifer Estep
  • Secret Service by Tom Bradby
  • I’d Tell You I Love, But Then I’d Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
  • And Only To Deceive by Tasha Alexander

Today’s show:

  • The Missing Activist by Louise Burfitt Dons
  • City Spies by James Ponti
  • Spy School by Stuart Gibbs
  • Mac Undercover by Mac Barnett & Mike Lowery
  • Jada Sly, Artist & Spy by Sherri Winston
  • Mrs. Smith’s Spy School for Girls by Beth McMullin
  • A Conspiracy of Violence by Susanna Gregory
  • Hawke by Ted Bell
  • Agent Zero by Jack Mars
  • Red Cell by Mark Henshaw

 Tomorrow I'll do either humorous ones or classic espionage ... or both.

And since I'm making lists, these are the books I'm considering for September's scavenger hunt, "judge a book by its cover only".

You can see I have a type.

 Tonight I have reading sprints again. I hope I do better. I have to make up some time on my 1000 pages along with SO MANY books to read.

 Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: