Thursday, August 10, 2023

Prison break dreams

Thursday 

I finished HARD KNOCKS  by Nathan Lowell. 4.5 stars. I love this world but it was a little slow-ish maybe and a little repetitive-ish maybe at times. But I never regret his books.

About to start WICKED WEAVES by Joyce & Jim Lavene. 1st of 8 in series featuring Jessie Morton, an assistant professor who studies medieval crafts every summer at Columbia, South Carolina’s Renaissance Faire Village

 Assistant professor Jessie Morton spends her summers at the Renaissance Village honing her skills and finding the lady, lord, or serf whodunnit. This summer Jessie is the apprentice to Mary Shift, a basket-maker with a dark past as well as incredible weaving skills. One day a man is bid a deadly fare-thee-well with Mary's signature weave around his neck. It's up to Jessie to spring Mary from the stocks of the Myrtle Beach police station. Yet innocence is hard to prove in a place where there's a fine line between reality and good theater and history is bound to repeat itself.

 Published 2008; 259 pages. This is for the second scavenger hunt of August: book featuring a town festival, event, or parade. Ever since Jen DeLuca's Ren Faire romance series, I've been hankering for more.

 

 I've got reading sprints again tonight so the rush will be on after work. Sarah from Bookish Knitter posted that she can't do her regular Saturday sprint so I've kinda sorta volunteered to cover that space.


 No, I'm not a masochist, I like doing it and I get reading done. It's just being on camera while reading and making sure the ambient noise stays consistent and watching the timer. It's actually kinda like babysitting, which I did a WHOLE lot of in my teens.

That's an excellent movie by the way. Oh, and I don't think I posted this photo of Keo from last week. It was right after we did our after-work walk, hot but tired and happy. If I already did, here he is again.

Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: