Sunday, October 4, 2009

If I squint a little I can see you through the screen


I'm currently reading THE EVE OF SAINT HYACINTH by Kate Sedley. This is 5th of 18 in series featuring Roger the Chapman, a medieval chapman (peddler) in England. Here's a description:


As England prepares for war with France, the duke of Gloucester, the devoted brother of King Edward IV, is targeted for death. Once again, Roger the Chapman, an itinerant peddler with extraordinary powers of deduction, must come to the aid of the duke. In order to ferret out the traitor, Roger goes undercover as a servant in the royal household. When a probable informant is brutally murdered, Roger works feverishly to unravel the plot and expose the mastermind before the fateful Eve of St. Hyacinth.

It was published in 1996 and has 280 pages.


My Cowboys are playing this afternoon against the always to be rooted against Denver Broncos. Tonight the Steelers are playing the Chargers, I believe. I've got a calzone from Papa Murphy's for something fun for dinner while we watch.


It's a cold dark day. Supposed to have precipitation in the next 24 hours, perhaps snow. Tomorrow morning I've got an interview to go to way across town. Terrific -- drivers on the first snow storm of the season are stupid. Oy.


I went hunting for cold weather accessories in the coat closet because I couldn't find my gloves. I think mittens are like socks -- you always lose one. I had two complete mittens but four singles and still couldn't find the gloves for which I was looking. Lots of scarves for some reason. A pair of earmuffs I thought were gone. No gloves.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: