Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just meditating with my eyes closed


Oh the Steig Larsson book is gooood. I'm about halfway through now. I just love multi-layered procedural type step by step putting together of getting the bad guy(s). This has many people coming from different angles to an ultimate conclusion uncovering corruption. You could say this is Sweden's version of The Wire. I read for so long last evening that I think it invaded my dreaming.


I do, however, now have three books waiting for me at the library: the new Michael Connelly NINE DRAGONS, WOLF HALL -- a Henry VIII historical that just won the Booker prize I believe, and another historical. But I won't pick them up and start the 14-day clock ticking on them until I'm done with the Larsson.


This morning I'm doing my news and politics website/blog catchup of the day. In the book blogs I'm sad to see that author Stuart Kaminsky died. I really enjoyed his Lew Fonesca books and I have a few of his Abe Lieberman books in my TBR stacks. He was a solid writer.


It's cold again today -- in the 20s. A good day to hunker down in the warmth of your house, wearing comfy clothes and poking your nose out only to fetch the mail and walk the dog. :)


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: