Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh happy day!


I finished WOLF HALL by Hilary Mantel. I don't know if I liked it or not, to be honest. I like the POV of Cromwell as that is not done hardly at all but it was written "literary" and necessarily for entertainment, if that makes any sense. So I'm a little disappointed in that I wanted more from it but I'm glad I'm done now so I can move on to other reads. What that will be, I don't know yet. I may need a palate cleanser.


NEWS!! I was offered a job today and I've taken it. It is the one-year temp position with the Unemployment Insurance office. I'm hoping that it may extend beyond one year but I'll take as is for now. I need it and jobs are so freakin' tight in Billings it's ridiculous. My one year unemployed anniversary was a couple days ago and my own funds are running out. Phew! I start November 2nd which is a good thing because ...


... This cold is kicking my butt. I've been coughing my lungs up for four days now -- okay it just feels that way. I wheeze and rattle with every breath. No energy. And I'm throwing everything at it: steaming 6-7 times a day, Vicks vaporub on my chest, fluids, cough drops, etc., etc. The past couple nights I've tried sleeping sitting up so I can get SOME rest. And now Steve is starting to feel unwell. Sigh.


Tonight on tv we've got Survivor. Maybe I'll have picked a book by then and will be able to read the rest of the evening. I don't know what to make for dinner, may have to wing it. Tug is, sadly, getting another really short walk today because I just can't do a better job of it right now.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: