Friday, October 2, 2009

IT IS FRI DAY!!


Finally some movement on the reading front! I finished THE NINTH DAUGHTER by Barbara Hamilton. It was a pleasant read even though I figured out who the bad person was early on. I will read more as they come available. This book ended with the Boston Tea Party.


I'm currently reading MURDER ON THE BALLARAT TRAIN by Kerry Greenwood. This is 3rd of 18 in series featuring Phryne Fisher, in 1920s Melbourne, Australia. Here's a description:


Fisher, Melbourne's uninhibited 1920s private detective, begins with Phryne saving the lives of a group of travelers when someone chloroforms their train compartments. Unfortunately, an elderly woman is discovered missing and then found murdered. It's left to Phryne to unmask the killer while rescuing a young girl who suffers from amnesia.

It was published in 1991 and has 155 pages. One of the reasons I chose to read this book next out of the many I need to read is its short length. I need to make much headway and this will get me going.


In current events, Rio got the 2016 Olympics. I'm glad: 1) the Olympics haven't been in South America 2) Rio's tried three times and 3) Chicago and America doesn't need the debt it will incur.


I walked Tug earlier, I've already vacuumed upstairs and washed the bedding with a load of clothes in the washer. I've a little more computer work to do here but then I think I'll go up and either read a little, journal, or do some organizing of the spare bedroom.


Have a good Friday!


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: