Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pretty Covers

Ahhh, Pillars of the Earth was on last night. Sadly, right now in the story the bad guys are winning. Half way through the miniseries now.

Steve is off helping a handgun class this morning. I've walked Tug and have gotten laundry going. Next up will be vacuuming and working on September's Premeditated.


I've received POISON by Sara Poole in the mail today. I don't know yet if I'll drop the Royal again or just push on through and finish it and then read the new one. Think, think, think.


*****************************
Weekly Geek: I thought it would be fun to look at book covers. Compile a top ten (or top five) list for the PRETTIEST covers...

In general I think historicals and romances have the advantage in being able to have pretty covers.
This is a dark cover but I like the inside of the cathedral and lone figure. And it is an excellent read.
I've not read this book, but the covers for the whole series has a female in a gorgeous dress so it was difficult to choose. This appeals to me for the gorgeous dress being the focus and the title in a pretty font in gold. Just works for me.



I wish the red of the rose were a little further down and the city at the top a little more dominent but I do like this cover and the burning effect of the edge between the pictures. I haven't read the book so I can't recommend either way.
I love love love the simplicity of this; it is so striking. I love texture of the curled page, the cream and red, the drop of blood, the striped tulip... I just love it. Very classy. I've not read the book but I do have a sample downloaded on the Kindle so it was interesting to me.



This is the UK cover I believe. The US one isn't as striking. The colors of antique gold and the border are very good. The pop of color the girl's dress is just right. The landscape is pretty and the font of the title just works all together. I've not read the book.

This is a terrific book to read. Any cover with books on it is great. And that the books are on an angle with the covers pointed adds interest. It's all about the angles, baby.




Just damn pretty. Some of the author's other books have similar covers. I think the outside border makes it happen. This is a forthcoming book.


All the books in this quartet are gorgeous not only to observe but to feel in your hands. I mean you could put these books out as art. :) It was hard to choose from them all, but I like the composition a little bit better on this one ... the white background with the splash of color in the middle. Fun reads, La Nora is simply the best at creating relationships.Pretty! So you know it's in Scotland and the plaid creates interesting framing angles and the landscape evokes a mysterious isolation to pull you in to see what the book is about. This book was released this month; I've got a sample on my Kindle.



I like the framing on the right and the tint of either evening or early morning overall. It's a window into a mysterious and beautiful place. This book will be released in September.

Phew, this took longer that I had anticipated. I've had fun looking but I've got to get to work on the newsletter. Off you go ...

Much love,

PK the Bookemonster

No comments: