Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday


Sorry for missing yesterday's post. FIL was in the emergency room. I was there for Steve who was very upset. Turns out to be a touch of pneumonia and a raging urinary infection. He got to go home last night but he is the type of man who has his leg amputated (figuratively) and just throws dirt on it and keeps going. It was a good thing I was there, however, because Steve and MIL were offering no information whatsoever. I had to bring up his diabetes, elicit from MIL his thyroid and high blood pressure medication, that he hadn't eaten anything all day, his symptoms, etc. I mean, they were like statues when the staff was trying to get info on what was wrong with the man. Were they expecting telepathy? I believe they were in some state of shock or something. I just don't know.


I do think there is some kind of cold/flu thing going around. On Thursday, my nearist cubicle mate went home sick with stuffy head and all the trappings. Now this morning I'm phlegmy and my eyes were not great this morning. Dammit. And of course, the hospital is just stewing with gunk and I forgot to not touch anything.


So today: walk Tug, do laundry, vacuum, work on newsletter, read. I still need to clean out the car but those are the priorities. Steve is gone this morning helping with a gun class and then may put in a garage door somewhere in the afternoon.


Still reading THE COOKBOOK COLLECTOR -- I'm liking it overall though the story jumps among too many characters at times. I have so MUCH to read and no time to do it that I'm starting to get really frustrated. All my series reads I haven't done in forever, stuff I've downloaded ...


Last night I watched episode 5 of The Pillars of the Earth. A brief moment of the good guys winning and then the bad guys won again. Sigh.


It's a lovely overcast day but it's supposed to get to about 73 today. Yesterday got so dark with clouds it was just shouting out to go home and read a good book. :) No such luck.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: