Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday


We watched The Three Musketeers movie last night. Wonderful actors (Matthew Macfadyen, Christoph Waltz, Ray Stevenson, etc) and mouth-dropping production values in sets and costumes. However, the movie was so bad and I completely blame the director. I felt sorry for the actors who signed up for what they thought would be a worthy project. The story is so good why would you mess with it? The director chose to start with a movie based on a book by Alexander Dumas and then took a flying leap to Jules Verne. Why would you have a movie of the three (four) Musketeers and then add flying air ships that do battle? And to so dumb it down for teen/college audiences? And that is the key right there. I was so disappointed. Those poor actors and no wonder adult audiences are not going to the movies when all that is offered is drivel.

Steve is off at the range helping with a gun class all day. I am going to do some chores around the house and rest. My mind is saying the mantra: I'm well and healthy and full of energy.

I've been reading JOHN ADAMS by David McCullough. This is one I've started a long time ago and never finished. I need to read one of the High Plains Festival books. So we'll see.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: