Monday, March 19, 2012

Yeah, oh yeah.


I’m currently reading THE COMPLAINT OF THE DOVE by Hannah March (actually almost finished as I picked it up yesterday afternoon). This is 1st of 5 in series featuring Robert Fairfax, a private tutor in the 1760s in London. Here is a description:

Seductive Lucy Dove is the toast of the London stage in 1760-until she is strangled. When lovestruck Matthew Helmsley is found drunk on her doorstep, private tutor and amateur sleuth Robert Fairfax must save his young pupil from the hangman...

It was published in 2003 and has 272 pages. It is a quick and pleasant read. I like the time period.

Tonight I have The Voice to watch on TV. Last night’s The Walking Dead finale was pretty spectacular. Yes, now I’m hooked on a stupid zombie show. Afterward, was the season finale of Comic Book Men, a reality show of Kevin Smith’s comic book store. I find it enjoyable because I’m a geek and I get that humor.

So I worked the whole day today but it was a struggle at times; I hate bronchitis. I will be very glad when this thing has passed. Since I’m not able to sleep much at night right now due to coughing/wheezing/maybe Prednisone, I should probably try to do more reading during those quiet times when all the boys are sleeping, eh? No, I just listen to ambient music and fret about the hours of lost sleep. But I’m actually not as fatigued in the morning as I would have thought. Go figure. Is this the solution to finding more time to get things done? I’ll take a pass; I prefer sleep.

I gave Coda some low-dose aspirin this morning – per the Internet it is okay to give this to dogs. I think he could get hooked on peanut butter – I swear he went looking for more a little while later after I dosed him. We’re holding off on going to the vet for now. I hate when pets are hurting and they can’t tell you. But he really only seems stiff when he gets up from lying down and forgets about it mostly when he’s romping or running in the front yard. He doesn’t lick the foot or whimper and we can touch on top and around the toes. I’m hoping it is just a sprain that time will heal.

Up next in reading is probably Karl Rove’s autobiography. Looks like the library is kicking it loose to me and I’ll pick it up tomorrow.

After walking barefoot outside on Saturday because it was in the 70s, albeit not as warm yesterday, it rained overnight and then we had quite the snowstorm this morning. But it looks like it has melted off now and even practically dry on the roads, thank goodness.

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: