Saturday, August 25, 2012

Damn allergies!



Ohmygoodness, it is so smoky/hazy out. My allergies are taking a beating. Zyrtec gets me through the day. I've been having to take it all week so by today, I've had to take a couple naps, I think, from accumulated not-enough-sleep-ness.

I got the cleaning duties done for the Saturday. I've been trying to read BONHOEFFER because the new Louise Penny will be here on Tuesday after work (I've gotten the notice it has shipped). This was a 14-day digital loan from the library but I did purchase it from Amazon because it was on sale for $1.99 therefore the pressure to complete it within the timeframe is off. But I do want to finish it. I've started and not finished a lot of nonfiction books in the last few months and not from lack of enjoyment; it is usually the time element. I've checked out WHY NATIONS FAIL twice now and have it on hold again; it's a big, dense information book.

Tonight for dinner we're having steaks and corn on the cob and I'm trying some pre-made mushrooms stuffed with cheese that you just heat in the oven. We may watch The Hunger Games unless Steve just wants to channel surf.

This morning when I walked the dogs it was darn right chilly, only 46 degrees out but the result of that is a lovely day in the 70s. Don't worry, the 90s are coming again. Steve did some scrapping and then went to the gun show.

Next week I plan to watch the GOP convention coverage, barring interference from Isaac, tropical storm or hurricane. At work, Wednesday will be Joel's last day and Thursday will be Natalie's last day. Things will be ... interesting ... after that.

Anyway, have a lovely Saturday evening.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: