Monday, August 6, 2012

NASA rover landed on Mars. First pictures:



Yesterday I said I was going to mention the fiction book I'm reading. Actually, I'm going to hold off for one more day. I'm really really loving HOW NATIONS FAIL. I'm learning so much fabulous and useful information, it's amazing.  Here's a quote:

"Getting it wrong is mostly not about ignorance or culture...poor countries are poor because those who have power make choices that create poverty. They get it wrong not by mistake or ignorance but on purpose. To understand this, you have to go beyond economics and expert advice on the best thing to do and, instead, study how decisions actually get made, who gets to make them, and why those people decide to do what they do. This is the study of politics and political processes."

I stayed home today. It was the right choice to keep it elevated. I don't know about tomorrow. My work ethic says damn the torpedos and go. My self-preservation doesn't know. We'll see.

It's currently dark and windy but I'm sure we won't get any rain out of it. Bah. Otherwise, it was another day in the 90s.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: