Sunday, August 12, 2012

Me, after too much TV



OMG. Steve mowed for the first time in like two months. I may faint. With his record, that's probably it for the summer.

Watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics live online this afternoon, but the stream cut out at 4:30 so I missed the very end. Now I'll have to stay up late to watch the Brazil part and I hear my beloved Who sang! Blast it!

I watched the Perseid meteor shower a couple times last night. Love it. You have to sort of gaze at some middle ground in the sky and watch with your peripheral vision because they go by so fast. And I always have the thought that while I'm looking at the patch of sky I can, behind me there are probably ten meteors per minute going by. I won't be able to watch tonight, really, with work tomorrow. I may for a few minutes; I'm sure I won't be able to resist.

I haven't been reading much these last few days. And now I have a new one to pick up from the library. One I've been looking forward to trying out. More on that tomorrow.

We're having chicken and corn on the cob for dinner tonight. I didn't splurge on dessert but I would like to try the mango popcicles (I always get coconut ones for me and pineapple for Steve).

Have a good evening

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: