Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Buddies forever


It's amazing how, when you're a mood reader like I am, a book can be very right or very wrong at any given moment. Example. When I finished the last Estelle Ryan book it was so good that I really really wanted to jump right into the next one but I know I can't do that because 1) I'd be going through them too quickly and there'd be nothing to look forward to since there are only six books in the series and 2) they lose their magic if you binge because you start to see the flaws. Too much of a good thing is too much.  So I read book three of her series last month. Then, earlier this month when I was scrounging for something to read while I was in my mini-slump, I read the first few paragraphs of this current one and it was "meh". Not what my reading taste buds wanted at that time. It just didn't click at all. Now, I am reading book four, and I want to read it all the time, giving up sleep and really not wanting to work until I get it done. Then, of course, once again I'll have to say "no" to myself about moving right on into book five. It's a vicious circle.

Tonight I have Agent Carter to watch on TV. Woot.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: