Monday, January 19, 2015

Must be a Monday ....



Well, this year I'm going to do it. I'm going to Bouchercon in October in Raleigh, NC. Steve does his vacation in January going to SHOT show (this week). This is his third year. I decided that, given enough time, I can save up and go to something that I enjoy. Next year it is in New Orleans; I'd really like to go to that. For those not familiar, the Anthony Boucher Memorial World Mystery Convention, Bouchercon,  is an annual convention of creators and devotees of mystery and detective fiction.

On Saturday we went to see the movie American Sniper. Very very well done. I'd not been a fan of Bradley Cooper but he impressed me in his portrayal of Chris Kyle. Steve met Chris Kyle at SHOT show two years ago -- two weeks before he was killed.  The movie ends with footage from his funeral procession and no music throughout the end credits. Very silent. Very moving. Highly recommended. The theater was packed.

So, Steve leaves today and will be back on Friday. Just me and boys, bach-ing it. I hope to get a lot of reading done. But then, I always hope that. I didn't really do much of that this weekend.  Tonight, dinner, working out, reading, bed. Party time, I know.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: