Thursday, September 8, 2016

I knew it!



Today is the 50th anniversary of the first episode of Star Trek. (a couple months before I was born)


I have said before that if I could be one character, it would be Captain James Tiberius Kirk. Lord how I love that show, that character, and actually in both iterations -- classic Kirk with William Shatner ....


...and new Kirk with Chris Pine.


Never was much of a fan of Spock and I didn't like Dr. McCoy in the original but I love him in the new version.


I liked Star Trek: Next Generation at the time but it has sort of worn on me now; seems dated. I never clicked with Star Trek: Deep Space Nine or Star Trek: Voyager or Star Trek: Enterprise. Although one of my favorite lines comes from Next Generation:


I've always wanted them to do a TV series Star Trek: Academy. That would have been interesting.

And Steve has always uses this line from Next Gen:


You'd have to see the episode to get it. :) This is the poster I have on my wall at work.  



There used to be vintage-looking posters available that I'd love to get that are about joining Star Fleet. Can't find them now. I read quite a few of the Star Trek books in the 80s. I have a Star Fleet badge/pin.



Well, I've been a lover of many sci fi things for a very long time. And it continues.

Not much going on otherwise today. The usual. Walked the dogs, worked, dinner, etc. Already Thursday. Yay!


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: