Friday, December 15, 2023

Friday, we meet at last ....

TGIF!

I'm DNF-ing the Gillian McAllister book. I'm not in the mood for a morally gray character/storyline. 


I think I'm going to be starting MURDER IN THE CARAVAN by Irina Shapiro. 4th of 13 in Redmond and Haze historical mystery series.

When the body of gentlewoman is found in a Romani caravan, and a second woman from the village of Birch Hill goes missing, Redmond and Haze must peel back the layers of lies, prejudice, and misdirection to discover who’s truly behind the crimes. With little connection between the victims, no obvious motive, and few clues, the case is their most challenging to date. Can they solve it before the killer strikes again?

Published 2021; 240 pages.

And I'm giving a try to a new series that I've had for quite a while. ICE BLUE by Emma Jameson. 1st of 7 in series featuring Anthony Hetheridge, a baron and chief superintendent at Scotland Yard, acting as liaison to the wealthy, and Kate Wakefield, a detective sergeant, in London.

Anthony Hetheridge, ninth Baron of Wellegrave, Chief Superintendent for New Scotland Yard, never married, no children, no pets, no hobbies, and not even an interesting vice, will turn sixty in three weeks. With the exception of his chosen career, too sordid for his blue-blooded family to condone, his life has been safe and predictable. But then he meets Detective Sergeant Kate Wakefield – beautiful, willful, and nearly half his age. When Hetheridge saves the outspoken, impetuous young detective from getting the sack, siding with her against Scotland Yard’s powerful male hierarchy, his cold, elegantly balanced world spins out of control. Summoned to London’s fashionable Belgravia to investigate the brutal murder of a financier, Hetheridge must catch the killer while coping with his growing attraction to Kate, the reappearance of an old flame, and the secret that emerges from his own past.

Published 2011; 240 pages. I think I'm going to picture the male character as actor Toby Stephens.

I don't quite have a picture in my mind yet of the female MC. I'm not that far into the book yet.

Huzzah! The second season of Reacher was released today. Three episodes. We will most certainly be watching. 

No plans this weekend. I started a new afghan, probably for keeping and not gifting. This is a learning one - larger weight yarn and a variation on the stitch I prefer. 

I have sprint tomorrow afternoon. So ... reading, napping, crocheting, walking Keo, and so forth and so on. 

And I prefer it that way.

Have a good weekend

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: