Wednesday, December 20, 2023

So much to do....


 Wednesday

I think I'll be sticking with DANGEROUS TO KNOW by Tasha Alexander. 5th of 17 in series featuring  Lady Emily Ashton, a young widow in Victorian London.

Returning from her honeymoon with Colin Hargreaves and a near brush with death in Constantinople, Lady Emily convalesces at her mother-in-law's beautiful estate in Normandy. But the calm she so desperately seeks is shattered when, out riding a horse, she comes upon the body of a young woman who has been brutally murdered. The girl's wounds are identical to those inflicted on the victims of Jack the Ripper, who has wreaked havoc across the channel in London. Emily feels a connection to the young woman and is determined to bring the killer to justice. Pursuing a trail of clues and victims to the beautiful medieval city of Rouen and a crumbling chateau in the country, Emily begins to worry about her own sanity: she hears the cries of a little girl she cannot find and discovers blue ribbons left in the child's wake. As Emily is forced to match wits with a brilliant and manipulative killer, only her courage, keen instincts and formidable will to win can help her escape becoming his next victim.

Published 2010; 320 pages. 

We've got a new Service Manager starting today. He's seems a good guy. Even though he'll only be here today, tomorrow, and Friday before the holiday break, I don't want him to feel left out on receiving at least some kind of gift. And it's too late to get something from Amazon and I don't have the time to go out shopping. Thank goodness for Instacart that delivers from many local stores.  

Also good news, the yarn for Candy's birthday afghan will arrive today so I can get going on that. I'll have until January 19th to finish it. 

Teal is her favorite color. This will be a new type of yarn for me to work with and I just found a fun and easy and looks-like-it-will-go-quickly stitch to try. 


Tonight, Steve's got the gun range. I don't have sprints. I'll be making a new kind of soup that I've been hankering for. Sorta a Thai Coconut soup. A riff off of the Thai Beef salad that I love. We'll see how it goes.

Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: