Friday, December 29, 2023

Three days, the last one for five months!

 TGIF! For a short week, it felt long.

I'm going to be starting to listen to the audio of RUTHLESS VOWS by Rebecca Ross. Fantasy sequel.

Two weeks have passed since Iris Winnow returned home bruised and heartbroken from the front, but the war is far from over. Roman is missing, and the city of Oath continues to dwell in a state of disbelief and ignorance. When Iris and Attie are given another chance to report on Dacre’s movements, they both take the opportunity and head westward once more despite the danger, knowing it’s only a matter of time before the conflict reaches a city that’s unprepared and fracturing beneath the chancellor’s reign. Since waking below in Dacre’s realm, Roman cannot remember his past. But given the reassurance that his memories will return in time, Roman begins to write articles for Dacre, uncertain of his place in the greater scheme of the war. When a strange letter arrives by wardrobe door, Roman is first suspicious, then intrigued. As he strikes up a correspondence with his mysterious pen pal, Roman will soon have to make a decision: to stand with Dacre or betray the god who healed him. And as the days grow darker, inevitably drawing Roman and Iris closer together…the two of them will risk their very hearts and futures to change the tides of the war.

Published 2023; 432 pages.

I decided to make my TBR for January to see what I've got ahead. OMG. I had thought to go easy in 2024 because of the nonfiction and epic SFF I wanted to read. I need to give up sleep, I think.

And I still have a scavenger hunt book to choose and read: "Read a book from a series you are close to finishing". I think these are what my final options for that are:

No crazy plans for the New Years weekend. 

I've got sprints tomorrow afternoon per usual and I'll be crocheting my guts out. 

I'll be making walleye for dinner New Year's Eve and my personal tradition of watching Casablanca

And napping, and setting up 2024 book journal and daily journal thingies. 

Tonight we'll watch the ONE new episode of Reacher.

The usual.

Have a good weekend

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: