Monday, March 2, 2009

Almost missed Monday

Oops, almost forgot this today. Ran an errand this morning; paid some bills, walked Tug. It was a beautiful day -- I believe it got up into the 60s. Almost too warm, if you know what I mean. It's March and your body just isn't used to such extremes yet. A couple days ago there was 4 inches of snow on the ground.

I got about five calls from someone on my cell phone today. The last call was just five minutes ago. He thinks he's trying to call home and talk to his wife. When I asked him what number he's trying, he reels off my cell. And I said no, that's not right, I've had my number for years. And he says, that's funny we have the same number. And I said, no, this is the time we've had this problem, I think you're remembering your number incorrectly. Check it when you get home. Sheesh. I mean, I felt sorry for the guy; the voice indicated an older man and it sounded genuinely like he was not attempting to really be a bother to me. I'll bet when he gets home, his wife is going to yell at him for not remembering their phone number after blah blah blah years.

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Mystery Books News. http://www.mystery-books.com/. Lots of info there daily.

Current events: They found one of the four missing football players missing since Saturday evening. He was clinging to the side of their overturned boat. Nothing yet on the other three. It makes me wonder how long I could hang on to the side of a boat, waiting for rescue. You'd be fighting fatigue, dehydration, hunger, fear. The article said he had on a life jacket which helped of course but did he tie himself to the side somehow so that he wasn't always relying on the strength in his hands? I don't think it will turn out well for the others but at this point, there is still hope if they had life jackets on. I don't think they'll find anything remaining; just disappearance.

Other current events: the stock market dropped below 7000 for the first time since 1998. I believe the market got overinflated and needed to correct itself so I haven't been too over-wrought over this -- also because I don't have any funds involved to lose. But I also believe this is just the beginning of tough times ahead. I don't know what I should do about my situation. What's the best route?

Still reading and watching the same things; no change. The Reich isn't really anything to write home about. Tempe works too hard at all her forensic jobs and obsesses about things. I'm really wanting to get to a historical soon. TV tonight includes Chuck and Paranormal State.

I must get a haircut this week. It's driving me crazy and all I want to do with it is put it in a ponytail and out of my way. I wonder if I should get bangs again? Must make an appointment.

Sorry not much about books this time. I promise tomorrow, I'll have something better.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: