Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Quiet Sunday

Not much happening today. I've got a little bit of a sore throat so I'm drinking lots of fluids and taking cat naps. Walked Tug a while ago. It's not as warm as yesterday but still nice out.

I'm closing in on the finish of Susanna Gregory's THE TARNISHED CHALICE. As is typical with her Brother Michael/Doctor Bartholomew books, a hundred pages could probably be cut and the story would be stronger but she loves to have the two go about in circles just a bit longer than necessary.

In putting together the featured author in yesterday's post, CJ Sansom, it occurred to me that it would be nice to re-read those books because they're so good. That author is in my top three if not the very top. But I have so many other books to read in first run that I can't take the time right now.

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is of the author group blog Femme Fatales found at http://femmesfatales.typepad.com/. Participating in round robin are authors Donna Andrews, Dana Cameron, Charlaine Harris, Toni L.P. Kelner, Kris Neri, Hank Phillippi Ryan, Mary Saums and Elaine Viets.

Have a super relaxing Sunday...

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, PK! Hope all is well with you. Just wanted to say thanks for making the Femmes site your blog for the day. They're talking about favorite forgotten books for a few days. I'm still thinking ... the old favorites I can think of aren't obscure. Hmm.

Meanwhile, I finished the first Deanna Rayborn book, Silent in the Grave, and loved it. This will be a keeper series for me.

TTFN-
Mary S.

PK the Bookeemonster said...

Yay, I'm glad you liked the Raybourn! I really like this series and hope its "romantic" looking-ness doesn't keep people away.

Forgotten books: you're absolutely right -- I have that problem too. If they're so obscure as to be forgotten then how in the heck can I -- who has a very bad memory -- come up with anything that hasn't already been done? Oy!

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster