Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dropping out/Dexter/Motivation

I'm the Queen of Timewasters. I can spend HOURS on the Internet not just doing the stuff I'm supposed to be doing like homework but just following links and then I'll think of something and go off on a tangent and then suddenly it's MARCH. Truly, I'm just bad.

Well, I started reading my text for the investment class ... and realized it was going to be waaay over my head and much harder work than I wanted to put into it for just a class I have to take in order to get the funding for the class I had to take last fall. I mean it was ALL formulas and not much theory. So I dropped it and opted in to the only nonprofit management class that was available and that I hadn't previously taken: nonprofit enterprise. This is actually interesting and useful, go figure. It focuses on nonprofit organizations coming up with ventures to provided earned income in order to diversify the income stream. Such as a family service NPO doing a thrift store. At the end of the class I'll have a business plan for SOMETHING. So much easier. Back to Amazon that mean nasty very expensive investment book goes.

Help, I can't stop eating sunflower seeds. Take them away!!

So while waiting for the drop/add thing to happen I had time to start DEXTER BY DESIGN by Jeff Lindsay. Oh, darling demented Dexter. Happy happy that I'm able to read it. I will have to read something very fluffy indeed after this, however.

Tonight, though, is another tv night so not much else will be accomplished. And times have rearranged so now everything is on at 7:00 -- why do they do this to me? Lie To Me moved to the earlier hour, Ghost Hunters is back on with new episodes, and of course I have to watch America's Next Top Model so I can watch skinny, beautiful girls being criticised. ALL at 7 pm. And only one VCR. Bah. I do have a plan so we'll see. And I have the taping of Redeye from last night. We should give up electricity and just read by candlelight.

Steve has shooting tonight. Tomorrow we may finally go see the Watchmen movie. Saturday and Sunday he has NRA teaching certification classes as well as a game night on Saturday. See, life is so much better if you devote yourself to books. And easier. And more fulfilling. And that's why Steve gets so cranky, because somehow I married a non-reader. Gasp!


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Motivator: Create your own motivational poster found at http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/motivator.php. Use the pictures and motivational sayings that are meaningful to YOU. I created one very quickly:


Now who wouldn't be motivated by that? Hmmmm?

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: