Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's only Thursday?

My hair cut turned out very well. Took four inches off the back and layered it (no bangs and I'm glad) so now it has movement again and is much lighter. I have fine hair but a lot of it so when it's there, I feel it. And what is it about guys and long hair anyway? They luuurrve it but don't have to deal with it. Anyway, now, I don't feel like a drudge anymore.

Just about done with DEATH ON THE DARK WALK by Deryn Lake, just a few pages left but the murderer has yet to be revealed. Next up will probably be a hold from the library, STARVATION LAKE by Bryan Gruley. A debut that I read good things about, so we'll see if it holds up for me. I'm waiting for the library to also release BLEEDING HEART SQUARE by Andrew Taylor before I pick up the other book. It's in the building but not released to the public yet; I'm first in line.

Speaking of books, if I were more flush and so forth, I could at this time be jetting off to LCC in Hawaii. It is indeed this weekend. It would have been nice to see what Hawaii really looks like; not the tropical storm mess that Steve and I saw. It would be nice to see everyone I met last year in Denver and to meet new online friends but it is not to be. Can't afford it and the thought of that money that could be spent even on books.... :) I hold up my hands in a balance of having the trip or having all those books in the monetary equivalent .... books win! However, I hope to live vicariously through the blogging of others about the events.

Current events: oh, the stocks are falling again, this time on news from China, I believe. Where it lands today, nobody knows; down over 200 points right now. And this administration... never mind. Not here. My 'Boys cut T.O. -- overall most likely a good thing. Great hands but too much disruption. Locally, here in Billings, a former unlicensed daycare owner who was arrested for alleged sexual abuse has died in jail. Good. If you saw his photo, he was creepy from the get-go.

Tug is upstairs right now "burying" something in the carpet. I can hear him scratching at the floor. Strange dog I have. I gave him a stuffed Snoopy last week and it was pretty much torn to bits within hours. I gave him a stuffed duck a couple days later and oh how he takes care of it and carries it with him.

Steve and I have an NRA banquet to attend this evening. Mystery chicken, small talk about guns, and mingling with 625 people who are confirmed and paid for will be the order of the night. The things we do for love. :)

Today's Blog/Website of the day is Paperback Writer found at http://pbackwriter.blogspot.com/. I check this one out daily. Author Lynn Viehl offers insight into writing, interesting links, and today a very funny bit about people calling Publishing 911. Be sure read that one.

All right, things to do, see you tomorrow!

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: