Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weather, under the weather

Tired today. Wasn't feeling well yesterday and it may be lingering. Nauseated, head-and-neck-achy, etc. I'm sure losing an hour last night with the time change didn't help either. :) So just going to take it easy. Well, today is supposed to be cold, dark and snowy (actually for the next 24-36 hours) so I'm not complaining too loudly. There's a nap and chicken-with-rice soup in my near future.



Currently reading RATTLE HIS BONES by Carola Dunn. This is 8th of 17 in series featuring The Honorable Daisy Dalrymple, a magazine article writer in 1920s Hampshire, England. I finished the Jecks, THE LAST TEMPLAR, last night. That book I had started a while ago and only had halfway to left to read so it went quickly. It picked up near the end and set up the storyline of the two main characters so I will read more in that series later. Of my next choices, I chose the Dunn because I needed a brief break from the medievals. You know, palate cleansing. Here's a description:



Titled but penniless, Daisy has forged a successful career as a freelance journalist. Her latest assignment, on the museums of London, sends her to that city's Natural History Museum, where she stumbles upon murder. The dead man, the extremely unpopular Dr. Pettigrew, Keeper of Mineralogy, had been heard violently arguing shortly before being found among pieces of a smashed dinosaur skeleton, his chest pierced by a shard of fossil bone. To complicate matters, Daisy learns that someone has replaced the entire museum gem collection with fakes.


This book was published in 2000 and has 256 pages. The author's website can be found at http://www.geocities.com/CarolaDunn/.

I've been wanting to work up the summary of my February reads but just haven't devoted the time to it yet. Maybe later today.

Today's Blog/Website of the Day belongs to Declan Burke, Crime Always Pays and can be found at http://crimealwayspays.blogspot.com/.

Nothing on tv tonight so I'll probably read or study. Studying: In order to get the student loan funds for the class I had to take last fall (the one I missed when I thought I was done), I have to take a class in this Spring semester. It starts today and is on investing/portfolio management; I figured that may be useful with the stuff going on, at least I may be able to understand more of the intracacies of the market. But now I have homework reading and homework for the next eight weeks. (sigh). I don't have my textbook yet; it is supposed to show up Tuesday, but there are other things I can read and participate in until then. Always something to do, eh?

Also, keep your fingers crossed for me for an interview this week. On Friday, I received a positive-sounding email from the app I put in last week. Have to do some company research, etc. Gonna nail this.


And sometimes news isn't always bad news. This was in our newspaper yesterday: http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2009/03/07/news/local/18-icepuppy.txt. Duke the St. Bernard's long night on pond ends in rescue, reunion.
Ohthepoorbaby. If you own a dog, go hug it today. They're family and need some love, too.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: