Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hangin' out on Teaser Tuesday


The reminder of what this is all about. We are asked to:


  • Grab your current read.

  • Let the book fall open to a random page.

  • Share two teaser sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

  • Share the title of the book that the “teaser” comes from, so people can find the book if they like the teaser.

  • And again remember – avoid spoilers.


From LIBERTY AND TYRANNY by Mark R. Levin:




As the word "liberal" is, in its classical meaning, the opposite of authoritarian, it is more accurate, therefore, to characterize the Modern Liberal as a Statist. The Founders understood that the greatest threat to liberty is an all-powerful central government, where the few dictate to the many.

and


from WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS by Deborah Grabien:



I suppose, really, that I was doomed from the moment I plugged that damned guitar in to my 50-watt Marshall stack. I honestly should have seen it coming.


Have a good Tuesday!


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

2 comments:

DebGrabien said...

Hee! Thanks for the teaser - it leads into some serious fun.

PK the Bookeemonster said...

I'm enjoying it a lot. I also read the first one when it came out. I like visiting the people and rock world. :)
Okay, gotta ask: is there a real rocker who's the inspiration for JP? Who do you picture?