Friday, September 25, 2009

It's Friday aaaaa AAAA aaahhh!


Just started THE NINTH DAUGHTER by Barbara Hamilton. This is the first in a new series featuring Abigail Adams in 1770s American colonies. Here's a description:


1773: The Massachusetts colony is torn between patriots who want independence from British rule and loyalists who support the King. At the center is the educated and beautiful Abigail Adams-wife of John Adams, the leader of the Sons of Liberty, a secret organization opposing the Crown. When a murder occurs in the home of their friend and fellow patriot, Rebecca Malvern, John is accused of the gruesome crime, which was seemingly perpetrated to obtain a secret Sons of Liberty document. With both her husband's good name and the fate of the Sons of Liberty at stake, Abby must uncover a conspiracy that could cost them all their freedom-and their lives.

It was just published and has 368 pages. It's always very nice to find a new historical mystery series/author especially that covers a time period that I love a lot. The American Revolution isn't done very much for some reason. So I have high hopes for this one. Yet, I'd very much like to get back to my historical mystery series reading (Jecks, Tremayne, Knight, Alexander, Lake, Sedley, and on and on) but I'm not there yet. I do miss those characters.


I had to give blood for labs this morning. Kidney doctor appointment on Monday morning is the reason (fingers crossed that everything is still going in the right direction if not already in the "just fine" category). Stopped and got a couple items at the grocery store on the way home. Tug for some reason wanted to go walking early today. I usually don't take him until at least 11-ish because he somehow "forgets" about a walk any earlier and bugs for another one later in the day. But he started staring at me and following me around the house at 9 and I finally took him at 10. I didn't mind because it's supposed to be in the mid 80s today but he better know that this is the the one and only walk. It took an hour so maybe it will stick.


Otherwise today I should read and do some house cleaning. Tonight on tv is Say Yes to the Dress. Tomorrow Steve has volunteered to help a shooting class all day.


Take care and much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: