Saturday, September 19, 2009

You will do my bidding


At last I've been able to devote some time to reading this afternoon and I have made good headway into THE LOST SYMBOL. Tomorrow is supposed to be stormy and cooler so I've declared it "A Day of Reading." Let the news be proclamated throughout the land. There was much rejoicing.


Today I went back to the church book sale to see if they had the DUNE in hardcover but they didn't. They did however shove a bag in my hand and said "$2 a bag" so in my searching for the Herbert I picked up a couple more books, not even looking at the paperbacks or I would have been there forever again even though they were obviously down in stock from the past couple days. Then I had to go to the library again for two more holds. I have much to read now so no more slacking. Then I had to go to Walmart for water and such. I knew it was going to be hot today (93) so I walked Tug at 11-ish.


We watched Xmen: Wolverine last night on DVD. I've always like Hugh Jackman in this role because he is definitely drool worthy. I think it was in his contract this time to be shirtless 50% of the time in the movie. I'm not complaining, mind you. Steve said two great things about this movie: 1) he had rock star hair A LOT and 2) they tried to do too much in the movie that it made it weaker. I agree; that the brothers had lived a long time and fought in many wars over the centuries didn't seem relevent, etc., etc. For me, it was an eye candy movie. :)


Tomorrow night tv I have a dilemna. My Cowboys are playing and the Emmys are on at the same time. I'm not really interested in the Emmy awards, only in the part where they're going to be doing a Dr. Horrible production number. Dr. Horrible is soooo awesome!! Squeee!


All right, back to reading, people, the weekend is almost half over.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: