Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday Quickie


What the poster says: "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty". JFK Quote
Howdy, getting this in early. I'm pretty much done reading the news online and checking in on some book blogs. I still need to get caught up on my WSJ newspapers but I should get active for the day.


Still reading A DUTY TO THE DEAD by Charles Todd. I made some good progress in it last night. It has the feel of the traditional mystery -- dealing with death in a somewhat isolated manor with a mysterious family and their secrets. In fact, that feels gothic-y. I hope find time to finish it today. Next up is the new Chelsea Cain. After that, the new Dan Brown -- yes, I'll buy it on Tuesday. Even before the popularity of THE DA VINCI CODE, for years I loved that genre of story, so this is a no brainer.


The chores to do today: vacuum up and down and walk Tug. Don't know yet what to have for dinner.


I plan to watch the coverage of the Tea Partiers as they congregate in DC today -- wishing I could be a part of it but glad to not be dealing with the crowds. Nothing really on tv tonight for me so maybe I can get some good reading done. So much to read, so little time.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: