Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I know how you feel, buddy


Sorry I missed yesterday. I've had the flu since Sunday night. As delicately as I can put this, everything inside me turned to liquid and decided to leave my body. My sides ache from throwing up. But I'm on the upswing now. I didn't work yesterday ... no way in heck could I have gone. Today, I'm at least taking the morning to see how I'm taking to solid food again because my insides are still a little gurgly. I haven't been able to do a whole lot of reading -- just sleeping or staring at a tv screen -- moving my eyes to read made me ill. My friend at work had this bug Thursday and Friday last week and had the weekend to recover. Not fun and I hope no one else gets it. My heart said go to work this morning but my head prevailed and said that would be dumb.


But now, I got a book in the mail yesterday from bookdepository.com, a new UK release, THE KILLER OF PILGRIMS by Susanna Gregory. This is 16th of 16 in series featuring Matthew Bartholomew, physician, and his colleague Brother Michael, in 14th century Cambridge. Here is a description:


When a wealthy benefactor is found dead in Michaelhouse, Brother Michael and Matthew Bartholomew must find the culprit before the College is accused of foul play. At the same time, Cambridge is plagued by a mystery thief, who is targetting rich pilgrims. Moreover, pranksters are at large in the University, staging a series of practical jokes that are growing increasingly dangerous, and that are dividing scholars into bitterly opposed factions. Bartholomew and Michael soon learn that their various mysteries are connected, and it becomes a race against time to catch the killer-thief before the University explodes into a violent conflict that could destroy it forever.

It was just published and has 416 pages. Sad that I'm caught up now on this series and will have to wait year to year for new releases.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: