Saturday, June 19, 2010

Snuggle bunny, er, moose ...


Meme day, meme day! I came across this one -- it's new to me so I thought I'd give it a shot -- but there are some strange questions...


1. What author do you own the most books by?

Probably JD Robb, I've got them all from the very beginning of the series.

2. What book do you own the most copies of?

Either DAUGHTER OF TIME by Josephine Tey or A ROOM OF ONE'S OWN by Virginia Woolf


3. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?

Darcy of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, who isn't? Although that may be influenced by the wet shirt scene of the movie.


4. What book have you read more than any other?

Meaning re-reading which I don't do a whole lot ... maybe PERSUASION by Jane Austen.


5. What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?

I don't remember much about kid-hood but that would have been 1976. Maybe the Trixie Belden books.


6. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?

I try not to read books that I'm not enjoying because it's a waste of time but I'll say PASSION by Lisa Valdez.


7. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?

2010: HERESY by SJ Parris

2009: THE BOOK OF UNHOLY MISCHIEF by Elle Newmark


8. If you could tell everyone to read one book, what would it be?

You know what? I wouldn't. I would just say "Read!" Read anything you enjoy but just read more than once a week. It is the most amazing invention ever: touching minds and thoughts and images with someone else across time or language barriers.


9. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?

Difficult could mean different things here: difficult as in struggling to understand or difficult in subject matter, difficult as in finding the time to read it ...???

10. Do you prefer the French or the Russians?

Russian novels.


11. Shakespeare, Milton or Chaucer?

Shakespeare


12. Austen or Eliot?

Austen


13. What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?

Contemporary fiction and short stories and young adult


14. What is your favorite novel?

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen


15. Play?

ROMEO AND JULIET and CYRANO DE BERGERAC

15a.Musical?

Jesus Christ Superstar


16. Poem?

W H Auden "Stop all the clocks..."


17. Essay?

Virginia Woolf


18. Short Story?

I've read some, very few actually, so I don't really have an opinion here.


19. Non Fiction

JOHN ADAMS


20. Graphic Novel?

The Watchmen


21. Science Fiction?

DUNE by Frank Herbert

22. Who is your favorite writer?

Dead: Jane Austen Living: CJ Sansom


23. Who is the most over-rated writer alive today?

Stephanie Meyers (TWILIGHT, et al.)


24. What are you reading right now?

SUFFER LITTLE CHILDREN by Peter Tremayne

STORM FRONT by Jim Butcher on audiobook


I've got to have some breakfast now then get laundry going. Later I'll be walking Tug and I need to get some groceries. No idea what to have for dinner tonight. It's a bit overcast this morning but supposed to get up into the 70s.


Have a good Saturday


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: