Friday, June 18, 2010

TGIF, yes really


Ah, Friday at last. It was a really tough week on the phones at work. The EB program is ending this week and over and over I had to tell people that they had used everything that was available to them and there was no more funds for them; they were done. It has to stop at some point, of course. But it wasn't easy in the telling.


Next week, I'm taking Monday and Tuesday off from work to attend an adult ed class on MS Publisher so I can be expert at that program for my newsletter. It will be all day both days.


I'm about halfway through the Peter Tremayne. I've always liked the character of Sister Fidelma, the Ireland background, the early church history and I'm only on book 3 of many many more books -- like 18 I think. :)


I read an article in the free book newsletter/mag from the library, Bookpage, about Justin Cronin and his supposed blockbuster book of the summer, THE PASSAGE. I hate vampire stories, but this book is being compared to THE STAND which is pretty incredible. It is the first of a trilogy (book 2 in 2012) and movie rights have been sold to Ridley Scott. I've downloaded the sample to my Kindle so I'll give it a try based on the comparison to the Stephen King.


Tomorrow Steve has a gun class to help teach. I've got weekend chores and I should get some things at Walmart. I also need to clean out the car and work on my project this weekend.


I'll be reading for a little bit here and then get some good sleep and maybe sleep in until 6. Woo hoo!


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: