Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dentist?!? Grrrrrrrr


I currently reading DEATH AT ST. JAMES'S PALACE by Deryn Lake. This is 8th of 13 in series featuring John Rawlings, an apothecary and associate of John Fielding, mostly in 18th century London. Here is a description:



In 1761, famous magistrate John Fielding is to be honoured with a knighthood. Founder of the Runners, London's metropolitan police force, John Fielding is one of several important members of the community who gather at St James's Palace for the investiture. As the invited audience eagerly crane for a first glimpse of the new queen, a terrible accident occurs when one of the crowd tumbles down the great staircase to his death. But not one person saw him begin to fall; even those standing closest to him had their eyes fixed on the royal entrance. Only one person witnessed anything untoward - John Fielding, a blindman. A whispered sentence, an exhalaion of breath - these are the only clues available to suggest the fall was no accident. Apothecary John Rawlings, accompanying his friend Fielding to the ceremony, sets out to investigate and is soon drawn into a very intriguing mystery, in which suspicious characters abound.

It was published in 2002 and 288 pages.


The not so good news is that I went to the dentist yesterday. He is saying I need two crowns on my upper left back teeth because they are cracking. Apparently fillings do that after decades. Sigh. Expense I don't need and certainly not the experience I'm looking forward to.


I'll be watching Deadliest Catch in a few minutes and then go to bed. I didn't get much sleep last night because of the darn teeth so I've got to do some catching up there.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: