Friday, July 30, 2010

Hot Friday


TGIF!


I finished ROAD TO DARJEELING by Deanna Raybourn. I have loved this series from the first book. I love the romance between Julia and Brisbane. It's still in this one to an extent but they also have conflicts which I didn't want to see so much of. Or rather, when they were together it was to be in conflict rather than working together. I dunno, I know that is how relationships go, having ups and downs and conflicts and making up, but this is fiction, dammit. The crime solving was all right for an amateur sleuth as the main character is and there were a plethora of motives and suspects. It almost reminds one of Agatha Christie and all her choices for whodunnit and their possibilities. It is set in India on a tea plantation so it is nicely exotic without overwhelming the story (cough Tasha Alexander cough). The characters are individual, distinctive and quirky without being annoying. I liked it very much overall, inhaled it in two days, and highly recommend this entire series to those who love historical mysteries, exotic settings or relationship stories.

Tonight! Pillars of the Earth!! Only an hour long tonight. And Say Yes to the Dress and the spinoff Say Yes to the Dress-Atlanta (with their own gay consultant too). TV for me tonight. And we're having taco salad for dinner and I've got an avocado to add. Num.


Next up, I don't know. Either Priscilla Royal or Peter Tremayne ... or something else entirely. I may not choose tonight (see previous paragraph).


Tomorrow I do believe Steve is home, can you believe it? But I have much to accomplish for the newsletter: create the website, set up email, set up Paypal, start work on September issue, maybe get the backup system setup.


Work was busy today. We had to jump on the phones for most of the day. Lots of work to do especially with the TEUC extended but it looks like they're cracking down on overtime, making it rather work-type specific. It's still there it's just more focused by management than working on one's work load. Good thing I'm not doing it right now and doing the alternate summer schedule thingy. I may now have to reconsider applying for a permanent job there that I wasn't interested in because there is some kind of program that if one works at a government job for 10 years, then their student loans are forgiven. Something I need to very seriously consider and look into the details of. The job available right now is not fun and pays even less but I may have to overlook that for this potential.


It was in the 90s again today (ugh) and it is looking stormy in some directions. We'll see if anything comes our way directly.


Have a lovely evening!


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: