Monday, July 19, 2010

Love da penguins


It's Mailbox Monday! Mailbox Monday gathers together for readers the books that came into the house last week. (feel free to share yours) Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.
************************************************

I mostly already told you what came in the house last week. In summary:


THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin. Okay, NOW I may be about halfway through the book. It's a big book. And the first part was very Stephen King. The part I'm in now feels more like Isaac Asimov in the world building of a society in the post-apocalyptic world.


TUSCAN HOLIDAY by Holly Chamberlin. Contemporary fiction about a mother and daughter vacationing in Italy and the self revelations they experience.


From paperbackswap: AND ONLY TO DECEIVE by Tasha Alexander. The first in her series. I thought I had this book but I think I only read it from the library.


And a couple samples of books that I can't tell you what they are because the kindle is in my purse which is way across the room. :)


Tonight I'm bypassing Shakespeare in the Park: Julius Ceasar because they're out in the Heights and I have two shows to watch. Lie to Me and Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: