Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The boys need to take a lesson from this one....



Oh, the best laid plans....



I had to go to Walmart after work. I didn't get done putting away groceries until 7. Dinner and watching the last of Deadliest Catch and then clean up of course. I had hoped to start a project tonight but it is not happening now. Ah well.



I was disappointed in DOMINANCE by Will Lavender. It was melodramatic and over-wrought and not a great pay off at the end. I know some people love it but I'd give it a "meh". Actually what I told Steve was I wanted the time spent reading it back.



I'm currently reading FALLEN by Karin Slaughter. This is 9th of 9 in series featuring Dr. Sara Linton, a pediatrician and coroner in Grant County, Georgia, or the 4th of 4 in series featuring Will Trent, an agent with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, in Atlanta, Georgia (however you want to track it -- the two series merged at one point). Here is a summary:






There’s no police training stronger than a cop’s instinct. Faith Mitchell’s mother isn’t answering her phone. Her front door is open. There’s a bloodstain above the knob. Her infant daughter is hidden in a shed behind the house. All that the Georgia Bureau of Investigations taught Faith Mitchell goes out the window when she charges into her mother’s house, gun drawn. She sees a man dead in the laundry room. She sees a hostage situation in the bedroom. What she doesn’t see is her mother. . . . “You know what we’re here for. Hand it over, and we’ll let her go.” When the hostage situation turns deadly, Faith is left with too many questions, not enough answers. To find her mother, she’ll need the help of her partner, Will Trent, and they’ll both need the help of trauma doctor Sara Linton. But Faith isn’t just a cop anymore—she’s a witness. She’s also a suspect. The thin blue line hides police corruption, bribery, even murder. Faith will have to go up against the people she respects the most in order to find her mother and bring the truth to light—or bury it forever.



It was published last month and has 400 pages. This is a library book.


Steve walked the boys for me tonight and got waylaid by a buddy who asked him to come over after dinner to look at his garage door. It happens a lot. Yay business but boo he never gets much time away from it.


While I was inside Walmart, a monster storm hit. Big booms of thunder and pounding hail was heard. The parking lot was flooded in some areas with water almost up to bumpers. I got home and we had had not one speck of rain here. Weird.



All right, it's heading toward 9:00. I've got to read a couple emails then read a bit before closing my eyes. Have a lovely.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: