Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Resistance is futile .... you will find me adorable




I picked up the new George R R Martin book yesterday. This fantasy series ... I absolutely adored and then he got writer's block for like 10 years. Came out with a book five years ago. Not really great but it was a new book and I got but didn't read it because who knew when he would continue the series. And that book was 800 pages of what he said was half of the real book only visiting some of the characters . So this SECOND half comes out yesterday at over a 1000 pages. In the meantime, HBO created a miniseries of the first book, A GAME OF THRONES. Hugely successful. Would this spur on the author? No, probably not, I think his next book he's projecting is three years from now. He could die, like Robert Jordan, and not complete his series leaving readers hanging without completion. Sometimes I hate writers. So I bought it anyway at Walmart so at least it was reduced in price. Picture this scenario: what if JK Rowling stopped writing at book 3 and took a break for a few years. That's how big this series is in epic fantasy land. So now he has a gabillion more new fans from the HBO series ... a gabillion more fans to disappoint.





I'm really liking Karin Slaughter's FALLEN. I hope to read tonight but my darn allergies are messing with my eyes. I took a 12 hour Claritin this morning but still bothersome.





Tomorrow I'm having lunch with my friend Tami. Woot! Steve has shooting tonight but is hoping with the storm rolling through no one will show. Not really a good chance of that. They're hardy shooters (read: stupid). Many will be competing in the Big Sky State Games this weekend so it's their last chance before the match to practice. Bah humbug. I'm starting to consider Steve-the-Nonreader as a guy who sleeps here and who I feed dinner to once in a while.



Much love,


PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: