Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday




It's Saturday morning. I'm reading news and emails. Steve is sleeping. The boys are dozing, one at my feet the other a few feet away on the deck.





Today I have some errands to run. I finished the July issue last night and I emailed the PDFS but today I need to pick up the printed copies at Kinko's and mail them. I need to get groceries. There are the usual weekend chores. I need to gear up with the August issue. The boys need a walk before it gets too hot today.






Work was busy yesterday because we had several people gone so I was on the phone a lot. We started an incentive game, poker, in which you get a card with any credit card payments you take. I was pretty much playing by myself and got 11 cards -- two good hands. :) After work I stopped by the vet to pick up some drops to help Ryker stay calm with the fireworks. It's not sedation and we had thought to do nothing but really, there's no need for him to suffer anxiety when there is something to help. I put some in their water but I don't think Ryker had had enough of it to be effective yet when it started up last night; he went down to the basement and Steve and I were comforting him. Tonight I may put some drops on a piece of cheese so he gets a good dose. We don't have plans for the long weekend other than relaxing and keeping the boys easy.






Steve doesn't have plans for the weekend which good because he's always running somewhere it seems however he must.mow.the.lawn. He was working on a job in Colstrip Thursday that went long -- he didn't get home until 4am so he's kinda still recovering. It's supposed to be hot this weekend: 88 today and 98 tomorrow and in the 80s the rest of next week.


I'm still reading A KILLING FROST by Patricia Wynn. I'm about 3/4s in so I hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow. I haven't heard from the library about the Karin Slaughter release so I suppose after I finish this I'll be getting back into a series read. What I should do this weekend as well is get Steve to bring the new/old bookcase in and start reshuffling books. Aye, that's a good plan.


Have a good Saturday!


Much love,



PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: