Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday



I finally made a list of the books I got at the Friends of the Library sale last week:

Doherty, Paul  THE GODLESS MAN
Gellis, Roberta  BONE OF CONTENTION
McPherson, Catriona  AFTER THE ARMISTICE BALL
McPherson, Catriona  THE BURRY MAN'S DAY
Roe, Caroline  CONSOLATION FOR AN EXILE
Roe, Caroline  A DRAUGHT FOR A DEAD MAN
Hawke, Simon  THE SLAYING OF THE SHREW
Hawke, Simon  MUCH ADO ABOUT MURDER
Davis, Lindsey  SCANDAL TAKES A HOLIDAY
Marston, Edward  THE MALEVOLENT COMEDY
Morgan, Fidelis  THE RIVAL QUEENS
Gooden, Philip  MASK OF NIGHT
Newman, Sharan  WANDERING ARM
Newman, Sharan  HERESY
Newman, Sharan  STRONG AS DEATH
Newman, Sharan  THE DEVIL'S DOOR
Newman, Sharan  CURSED IN THE BLOOD
Eddings, David  CASTLE OF WIZARDRY
Eddings, David  MAGICIAN'S GAMBIT
Eddings, David  ENCHANTER'S ENDGAME
Eddings, David  PAWN OF PROPHECY
Asimov, Isaac PRELUDE TO FOUNDATION
Kurtz, Katherine  SAINT CAMBER
Kurtz, Katherine  THE KING'S JUSTICE
Kurtz, Katherine  CAMBER THE HERETIC
Kurtz, Katherine  THE QUEST FOR SAINT CAMBER
Kurtz, Katherine  THE BISHOP'S HEIR
Kurtz, Katherine  THE DERYNI ARCHIVES
Castle, Richard  HEAT WAVE
Smith, Tom Rob  CHILD 44
Cleverly, Barbara  THE DAMASCENED BLADE
Fitzgerald, Penelope  THE BOOK SHOP

And nine nonfiction books, mostly American Revolution history, and seven VHS videos including The Sound of Music, Singing in the Rain, Godspell, Titanic and I can't remember the others. Some of the books I picked up here are ones I've already read probably through the library itself and I'm just adding to my permanent historical mysery collection. The Eddings and Kurtz are series that I used to own (read them decades ago) but must have gotten rid of some time in the past (stupid, stupid) because I can't find them now. I only have two or three (not listed here) that I already owned so need to get rid of the duplicates. This sale was unusual for me in that there were a lot of historical mysteries withdrawn from the stacks this time around therefore I found much treasure. I'm not always that lucky. And it was the first table as one walked into the sale so I had filled up my first bag very quickly.

Steve is coaching at the shooting class today; he was up and out of here around 8:30. I've not accomplished a whole lot today beyond the usual chores. I've been playing on the Internet and I suppose it's okay every once in a while to just recover and relax from a yucky work week.

Nothing really on TV tonight so don't know what we'll watch, maybe hockey playoffs. I'm not sure what to have for dinner but I'm ready to do taco salad if Steve doesn't bring something home from out.

The dogs were raring to go for their walk at 6 this morning but I put them off until 7. It was a lovely dark and drizzly day only made less perfect by our neighbors in the street north of us who run a business out of their home doing industrial, loud work. I saw Steve off and then went back to bed, not wanting to waste such lovely cool darkness.

While playing here on the Net I discovered that a second book in a histmyst series I really enjoyed finally came out so I snatched that baby up. It is for Kindle only; the author is Lucinda Brant. The first, which I have on the Kindle, is called DEADLY ENGAGEMENT. This new one is DEADLY AFFAIR and I am just jacked to have it to read. I need to quickly finish the Todd book and move on. I have SO FREAKING MUCH to read right now it's ridiculous.

Ok, off you go.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: