Wednesday, April 25, 2012

No, we don't do this at work... much



Ah, Hump Day. I figured out this morning that my allergies had been whomped so I took a Zyrtec and felt better. Don't know what's out there but it's more powerful than it was yesterday.

Up until this afternoon, when calls come in, it does a little double beep. Now, there's a male voice saying "Inbound is holding" .... over and over and over until someone picks up the call. It sounds like the canned voice when you're on a tram or train in a big city and it's telling you the door is closing or a certain station is coming up. And it's not quiet. I wouldn't mind it if it had an Irish accent or if it were Sean Connery or someone sexy like that. Oy.

Steve has shooting tonight. The boys have had their run and are panting nearby. I'll have dinner and then read I think.

I figured out how to loan a Kindle book to another Kindle (that isn't mine). I can lend to mom because that Kindle is still under my name. I lent DEADLY ENGAGEMENT to my friend Beth. Per the publisher, the book can only be lent once and for 14 days. But it worked.

Speaking of books, I am gobsmacked. A lady at work, Judy, I had lent her the first book of the JD Robb series. A few of us are really looking forward to the new Nora Roberts on Tuesday. I had bemoaned the fact to someone there that it's out next week and it's in between paydays and my paycheck has been spoken for for bills. Judy called me to her desk yesterday and said she'd be getting the book and would let me read it first because I'm a fast reader. What an amazing person.

Also, Natalie at work said I could borrow her rototiller to get a garden going but in going over about it with Steve the place that I had planned to put it in may not work out so I'll have to figure out if this is going to work. The sprinklers are inconveniently taking up space other than the front yard and I don't want to put a garden in the front yard. This is back to a work in progress.

Have a lovely evening. I'm hoping the darkness to the west turns into a thunder-boomer of a storm.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: