Friday, April 20, 2012

Oh baby, yeah


I logged in to do my blog tonight and the blogger website has changed. Freaked  me out momentarily. 

Oh boy, glad it was Friday. It's been a tough week. I got groceries after work, walked the boys, got dinner going (hamburgers), etc. etc. Now, I'm taking a breather before bed. I splurged at the grocery store and picked up today's Wall Street Journal (I had cancelled my subscription a couple months ago to help the budget) so I'm looking forward to reading that here in a little bit.

I'm still reading AN IMPARTIAL WITNESS by Charles Todd. I think the series has an interesting character -- a nurse during WWI -- and I like the time period but it suffers from "amateur sleuth interfering" syndrome. Bess has no good reason whatsoever to be involved with the solving of the crime yet there she is telling herself she feels some kind of "responsibility" to see it to the end -- on the slenderest, silliest, slimmest of reasons. 

I had a dream two nights ago that I met with Paul McCartney. It was such a lovely and happy dream and I remember waking up just ... happy. Of course, those who know me well know that I absolutely adore the Beatles and Paul has always been my favorite. The time period in the dream must have been not too long ago because he was mature but his wife Linda was with him and she has passed now a few years. It was somehow around a concert and Steve had arranged it. 

Last night I dreamed I was a school girl -- not me but I was the character -- in a classroom setting. We were standing up to sing the National Anthem. The girl next to me led the singing along with a record and I just knew the next time we had to do this I would be the one who had to lead the singing and that scared me silly. About midway through the song people started sitting down and stopped singing and I thought that was wrong. So I screwed up my courage and stayed standing and sang through to the end all by myself, showing them how wrong they were. I felt very patriotic in the dream.

Tomorrow Steve helps with a shooting class all day. I'll do the weekend chores and hopefully get going on one project or another. The boys are out on the deck wrestling. Now they're inside wrestling. Uff da.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: