Friday, June 15, 2012

Even creepier than Goldfinger



I'm currently reading THE BORGIA MISTRESS by Sara Poole. This is 3rd of 3 in series featuring Francesca Giordano—court poisoner to the House of Borgia -- in 15th century Rome. Here is a description:

Mistress of death Francesca returns to confront an ancient atrocity that threatens to extinguish the light of the Renaissance and plunge the world into eternal darkness. As the enemies of Pope Alexander VI close in and the papal court is forced to flee from Rome, Francesca joins forces with her lover, the brilliant and ruthless Cesare Borgia to unravel a conspiracy that strikes at the heart of Christendom. But when a shattering secret from her past imperils her precarious hold on sanity, only Francesca’s own courage and resolve can draw her back from the brink of madness to save all she values most. 

It was published May 2012 and has 416 pages. This is a book from the library.

Last night I tried to examine inside Coda's hind quarters because in the last couple days there'd been indications that he was having a problem there, sometimes whimpering, and whenever I tried to look he would jump away from me. My mistake was to attempt this without Steve being there to offer assistance in holding him down. I had him pinned against the couch when he surged upward and his head slammed into mine. I saw stars. Of course, as a person who's had glasses since the 3rd grade, my first thought was to check that my glasses weren't broken. They weren't, thank goodness. Then I was the one whimpering because my head hurt so badly. Ryker came over to check me out: you okay, mama? I did get a tiny scrape or something above my eye and it is slightly purple. And I've had a headache all day. Learned my lesson, thankyouverymuch.

I got groceries, took the boys for a good walk. Tonight, we have the "season" premiere of Say Yes to the Dress (the original version). Woot! Making fish and Rice Roni for dinner.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: