Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sniffers on "forward" only



I forgot to post yesterday? Hunh.

Happy Father's Day to my dad. I went over there this morning and had some coffee and conversation. Steve and I then went to a buffet brunch at the Elks club with his parents. We got home and I got some laundry going while Steve is cleaning out his truck because he gets a "new" one for work (his dad's old one now that his dad has a new new one). I then took a nap because I'd been up since 6 with the boys. :)

Last night I watched the movie Anonymous, which is a depiction of an alternative view of the Shakespeare authorship issue. The story here is that Edward Devere, 17th Earl of Oxford, wrote the plays while Shakespeare was the front man (Devere is the front runner from many contenders in the history of this issue). It was well cast, well acted and the production values were gorgeous. However, the authorship issue itself makes me angry (elites don't believe Shakespeare, being as lowly and common as he was, could have possibly written the plays). Also, this movie had many factual things wrong, for instance, at the time period of the movie, Christopher Marlowe has been dead for a few years yet there he is being jealous and making trouble and then he is killed against all known facts of his death. (apparently the writer says he did it on purpose as an "homage" to Shakespeare's own playing with facts in his writing). Right. And they have not only Queen Elizabeth having a child with Devere but that Devere himself was a child of Elizabeth from when she was 16. That's right, incest. Riiiiight. Bah.

So, there is supposed to be a possibility of thunderstorms later. The wind out there may blow something in.

All right, of you go.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: