Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday



Author Ray Bradbury passed away yesterday at age 91. I loved his work. I've read so many of his short story collections, one of my favorite stories had such a cool title: "Dark They Were and Golden Eyed." I loved THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES, THE ILLUSTRATED MAN, SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES. I did not read FAHRENHEIT 451 though I know the story of it. The really pathetic thing?  The people at work did not know who he was whatsoever. The name meant nothing. A cultural desert with some (most?) people.

He was one of the big ones, along with Isaac Asimov (loved), Arthur C Clarke (meh, not so much for me) and Robert Heinlein (ditto). 

I finally finished the Mantel book. This is the second of a trilogy of the Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn story but through the POV of Cromwell. I've always been fascinated by this time period. Maybe I was there.

I don't know what was in the air today but callers were just nasty. It felt like a long day.

This weekend it's only supposed to be in the 60s... hooray! 

One more day to get through. This weekend, Saturday, is game five of the Stanley Cup and the potential for a Triple Crown winner.

All right, off you go.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: