Monday, June 4, 2012

I can so totally relate



Full moon day. Oh yes.

We watched the season finale of The Game of Thrones last night. Well done. The ending I think is different from the book so I don’t know where one storyline is going.

We then watched Longmire – based on the mystery series by Wyoming author Craig Johnson -- last night and I was disappointed. The character playing Longmire has taken “taciturn” to the level of watching paint dry on a rock. There is no chemistry in the series for me. And, I have to say, I know they’re filming in New Mexico but as one living less than an hour from the Wyoming border, the first part of the show looked somewhat like northern Wyoming. The second part … yeah, not so much. J We’re on the plains here – very flat.

Tonight, we have game three of the Stanley Cup to watch. Or Steve’s shooting shows on the Outdoor channel. Meh.

I’m still reading BRING UP THE BODIES by Hilary Mantel but I also started yesterday the nonfiction book THE AMATEUR by Klein – an expose of sorts of Obama. The audience that needs to read it … will never read it or believe it. It is intended, however, for a non-academic reader in that the chapters are short, the font is large. It will be a quick read. My book splurge of the month was ordering the new Susanna Gregory from the UK via a cheaper online source (about $10 cheaper). Otherwise, I’m hitting the library hard for my newer release reads. But I still have two from the library in the immediate TBR.

I'm wondering if my lower back pain was because of my chair at work. I have had it rather straight up and down. I was feeling better after this weekend but was starting to feel it again a bit into the day. I reclined it a little more and I have to say I don't remember have any twinges. Hunh. 

Hot today, they say 92 degrees. Ugh. It was 65 this morning on the way to work which is about my comfort zone.  I’m not a sun-baby. I’m a November baby – dark early and cuddling under blankets. There’s supposed to be isolated storms though.  It grumbled around 6 to 6:30 and was dark but no rain. Ryker doesn't like thunder so we hid in the bedroom during the worst of the thunder.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: