Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday



It's been a pretty good Saturday. I walked the dogs; they let me sleep in until almost 7! I've cleaned, done the Saturday laundry.

I went to a used book sale at a church; they have a fall and spring sale just like the library. I found some, of course. My prize this trip was GONE WITH THE WIND. I've read it, many years ago, in fact, but I wanted my own copy. I'm adding to my collection the books that I may have already read but loved. I didn't find on this go-round but will be watching for TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. I'm also starting to pick up some classics either that I haven't read and would like to or ones that I've -- typically when I was younger -- and would like to re-read with fresh, more experienced eyes.

Yesterday in the local news was a story of wrong-way driver on King Avenue. The person hit a car. The person in the car hit was one of my co-workers. From what we hear, she's okay but the photos show smooshed cars. Another co-worker has a daughter who works dispatch, I think, who said the hitter has seizures and isn't supposed to be driving. Stupid people. My co-worker was very lucky.

Steve has been gone all day for his coaching of a shooting class. He needs to clock in a certain number of hours each year in order to maintain his NRA teaching certification (for those of you noting that he does this a lot). The other reason is that he truly loves to help new shooters get comfortable with and perhaps make it a hobby of a thing about which he feels really passionate.

Yay! We're having Red Robin for dinner! Nummmm!

Looks like not much on TV tonight. I still haven't committed to a new read yet. I hate that; it's the second weekend in a row where I don't have something to read. Last weekend I didn't commit until Sunday evening. What a waste of a weekend!

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: