Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday



I went to the Friends of the Library sale today. I spent three hours there and didn't even look at everything because by then my brain and eyes were going obbity obbity obbity. I'll list the goodies at the bottom of the post.

When I got home I noticed my Romney/Ryan lawn sign was gone. The frame was still there; it was a windy day but not strong enough to take off the sign. That was on the frame so snugly it was difficult to get it on the frame. Some bastard took it and probably not because they liked it and wanted it for themselves.

Otherwise today, I took a nap, did the Saturday laundry and vacuumed. We're getting CJ's nachos and barbeque stuff for dinner.

I was notified that the book I've been waiting two years for, THE TWELVE by Justin Cronin and released on Tuesday has been shipped and I will get it that day. Woot!

Here's the loot:

THE PARIS VENDETTA by Steve Berry
BONES TO ASHES by Kathy Reichs
THE BOOK OF AIR AND SHADOWS by Michael Gruber
THE GIVEN DAY by Dennis Lehane
THEY FOUND HIM DEAD by Georgette Heyer
STRIDING FOLLY by Dorothy L Sayers
PERSUASION by Jane Austen (my favorite but didn't have my copy anymore)
MURDER IN THE MARAIS by Cara Black
MURDER IN THE SENTIER by Cara Black
THE GOOD THIEF'S GUIDE TO AMSTERDAM by Chris Ewan
THE GOOD THIEF'S GUIDE TO PARIS by Chris Ewan
THE KILLING WAY by Tony Hayes
THE FOOL'S TALE by Nicole Galland
THE FOUR QUEENS by Nancy Goldstone (nonfiction)
NAKED IN DEATH by JD Robb (I have an original and I don't like to lend it out so I got a copy I could)
THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins (to be put on paperbackswap.com for credit)
CAVEAT EMPTOR by Ruth Downie
A PERSONAL DEVIL by Roberta Gellis (already read but like the series)
BLACK LOTUS by Laura Jo Rowland
THE VICTORIA VANISHES by Christopher Fowler
THE WILDCATS OF EXETER by Edward Marston
A RULE AGAINST MURDER by Louise Penny
A BRUTAL TELLING by Louise Penny (have already read the Pennys but building collection)
LEGACY OF THE DEAD by Charles Todd
A FEARSOME DOUBT by Charles Todd
THE SCHOOL OF NIGHT by Alan Wall
CAMBER THE HERETIC by Katherine Kurtz (building a loved fantasy series)

No comments: