Saturday, April 27, 2013

But I didn't even ask yet!

The Owl Has Spoken

This morning I took the boys for a walk and then later went to the library to do some microfiching through the local paper early in the previous century. I'm doing research on a project. Three hours later my eyes were going obbity-obbity but I had found and printed some articles. It was a good start. On the way home I picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner tonight.

30 Day Reading Challenge: Day One -The Best Book You've Read This Year

Hmm, I only read books that I enjoy because I believe reading isn't an assignment you have to get through and you're not graded on whether you finished a book or not. I'm saying "best" is going to be based upon the level of the enjoyment I got out of it. So I think I'm tossing between THE ANATOMIST'S WIFE by Anna Lee Huber or WHAT DARKNESS BRINGS by CS Harris. The first was a delightful discovery and the second is a series that I love and adore. Think think think. I think I'll go with THE ANATOMIST'S WIFE. With all the historical mysteries I read, it is amazing and wonderful to find a new one to love.

I finished WHISKEY BEACH this afternoon. Nora Roberts is just magic. I think she sold her soul in exchange for the gift of writing characters that you want to know in real life. 

No plans for the evening; not much on TV. I may be spending the time figuring out what's next to be read.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: