Thursday, April 4, 2013

Oh that's SO bad....I had to share it

On the Wire Front


Best intentions last night. Steve had shooting and I wanted to do some research but the mistake I made was to stick to routine for the dogs so I went downstairs to eat dinner and wound up getting caught up in the movie Elizabeth, with Cate Blanchett. Love that movie. Geoffrey Rush is so sexy as Walsingham in it. So I read a little bit after that and then Steve came home and we had the usual talking thing going on, you know how it is. :)

Tonight on TV, The First 48, Comicbook Men, and the premiere of Hannibal. Because they cannot come up with original ideas, this new show is about, of course, Hannibal Lector. Few people know that before SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, was RED DRAGON (the first movie of this book was called Manhunter). RED DRAGON featured ex-FBI agent Will Graham who caught Hannibal at the cost of his sanity/soul. All of that story was background and not really explored; the book/movie was after the fact -- the new killer that Will is brought back in to find was a "student" of Hannibal. I've always thought the storyline of Will Graham was compelling and apparently now TV thinks so too. And it of course has the requisite British actor with an American accent playing the part (Hugh Dancy). I will check this out tonight and see if it is worth me continuing or a sort-of knock off of what is going on with The Following (whose requisite British actor is playing the villain). It comes on at 9 which is past my reading/bedtime.

Ok, off you go.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster



No comments: